Scoreless Tie


Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Playoffs are coming!

Some completely unsupported thoughts about the PIAA District 1 AAAA Football playoffs coming up. North Penn continues to dominate the Suburban 1 Continental, winning their 27th straight regular season contest. The last time the Knights lost to a Continental rival was Week 10 of 2007, losing to Central Bucks South - before the SOL re-org. North Penn & CB South were in the SOL National Conference then. The last time North Penn lost to a Suburban One team at all was to Neshaminy in the 2007 playoffs.

I'm not familiar enough with potential rivals to say if anyone matches up well against North Penn, but if I were at the top of the bracket, I would worry that North Penn climbs to the #9 seed with a win on Friday against Pennridge and would then be visiting me the 2nd week. @bergerkg thinks that the Knights end up as the 10 seed with a trip to Chester County for the first round. While the Knights have had their issues with trips to Chesco over the last few years, I think they could take Rustin (@bergerkg's pick for the 7 seed). Although, as mentioned previously, a North Penn-PW match-up to see the master (Dick Beck) vs. the student (Dan Chang) would be a game I would like to see. Either way, I think PW's return to the playoffs is short-lived. I would expect North Penn, Pennsbury and Ridley to make it out of the lower half of the bracket into the 2nd week.




Comments: Post a Comment