Scoreless Tie


Thursday, July 26, 2007
It all started with an e-mail.

I got an e-mail (that I believe was embedded 5 layers deep in forwarded message attachments) that warm water is better than cold. It was found false by Snopes in Drinking Cold Water Causes Cancer. But I looked up other stuff anyway:

HEART ATTACH AND DRINKING WATER seems to perpetuate the myth. (The caps are from the page title). kosambari also passes on bad info
Yahoo! Answers points out that there is a lead risk from drinking warm water out of old pipes
This person still has questions

All this heart attack talk got me wondering about the statin/Omega 3 combo that I currently take. Omega-3 Fatty Acid May Protect Heart seems to show that in my situation, it may not make much difference. Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, MPH, DrPH, of the Harvard School of Public Health writes, "We must curb our infatuation with downstream risk factors and treatments, and focus on the fundamental risk factors for cardiovascular disease: dietary habits, smoking, and physical activity." My response, "Thank you, Captain Obvious. Everyone already knows the strategy. How about tactics that work in more than 5% of the people who try them."




Comments:
You made a typo in your blog! Doodeedoo!
 
Post a Comment