Scoreless Tie


Monday, January 27, 2003

On-line Shopping

Sometimes shopping on-line is a dream - it's convenient, you get a good price and everything is right with the world. Other times it can be Kafka-esque in how difficult it is to find what you want. I've been trying to buy a digital camera for over a month now. I really like the HP Photosmart 850. I would put a link, but I don't have one that I like. The street price is about $500. Amazon occassionally drops the price 5 to 10% as a teaser, but I'm still not ready to spend over $450 for this camera. The other camera I'm considering is the Fuji FinePix 3800. It's a little less camera than the HP PS850, but it's about $150 less to buy. If I had to buy today, I'd probably go with the Fuji. My brother bought the HP, though, and I took a few pictures with it at Christmas. It's a nice camera. Well, we will see what happens.

On the other hand, sometimes you find some cool stuff. Like Startech.com's Comp2VGA signal converter. It lets you take your composite or S-video signal and display it on your VGA monitor. Now you can play your Gamecube or PS2 on a spare monitor! As a special bonus, here is a list of Pricegrabber's video capture cards. The COMP2VGA is near the bottom of the first page for less than $50.




Comments: Post a Comment