Scoreless Tie


Tuesday, August 06, 2002
In the interest of posting something other than Friday Fives, I thought I would make some comments on a link I book-marked for follow-up. A list apart had an article about the Pickle Jar Theory of Time Management. I found the metaphor interesting, and did a google search. Much to my chagrin, all of the other top results were blogs that linked to the original list apart article. John Hiler was alerted to the same effect by Dr. Weevil. I did manage to get a little more insight by leaving comments at a few sites. The feedback I got was that the Pickle Jar Theory was a simplified Seven Habits approach to time and life management. When I look for info on "Seven Habits" I find all kinds of things, including Stephen R. Covey's article on The Seven Habits Revisited and summaries of Covey's book if you're too busy to actually read the book. I also found The Seven Habits of Effective Websites which focuses on making your web site accessible. Even more interesting is The Seven Habits of Sensitive, Celibate Men which basically tells you how not to be a sensitive, celibate man. The seven habits of effective text editing may be more useful over the long haul, however. (Unless you're Ray Gordon - don't get me started). Am I managing my time any better yet?



Comments: Post a Comment