Scoreless Tie


Friday, May 24, 2002

The Friday Five


(This is so much better than last Friday's)

1. What's the last vivid dream that you remember having? )
I had a dream that I was going back and forth between Portland, Oregon, and another location (that I no longer remember). I had to leave my car in this dark, decrepit old neighborhood. My ride and I went into one of the ramshackle houses on the street. We were watching tv in the house with 3-5 other people, when two of them started to discuss having sex. The man and the woman had a rather protracted negotiation, and then finally came to some agreement. As they started to have sex, I realized it wasn't a man and a women, but it was two men. That's where the dream ended. I wonder if I ever got where I was going.



2. Do you have any recurring dreams?

For years I had a dream about going to take a University final exam and realizing that as I sat down to take the exam, I had never been to the class, never read the book, and had no idea what I was doing there. I also have variations on the dream I describe in question 1, where I am traveling around the West Coast of the United States, always San Francisco and north, usually in some run-down, aging part of a city or town. My impression of the town is similar to my mental image of the New England towns described in H.P. Lovecraft stories. I don't remember a lot of the details, and I don't think that there are other people having sex in the dreams, other than that last one.



3. What's the scariest nightmare you've ever had?

The dream about being chased by the monster from the basement I used to have when I was a kid. The one where you can only run in slow motion, but whatever is chasing you is coming on fast.



4. Have you ever written your dreams down or considered it? Why or why not?

There was a period of time where I wrote down some dreams because I had read something that said you can get great ideas/solutions to problems from dreams. It never worked for me, so I stopped.



5. Have you ever had a lucid dream? What did you do in it?

I had a dream where I was in a "through the looking glass" world. I believe that the dream was in color, which is unusual for me. I realized, however, due to the lack of physics and unusual goings on, that it was a dream, and willed myself to wake up. I woke up into another dream, though. This one was in black and white, but I didn't realize at first that it was a dream. I got up and started to tell my room-mate about the dream, at which point, my room-mate turned into a vampire and started to attack me. Then I really woke up from the dream.





Comments: Post a Comment